Sleep apnoea or obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA), happens when a person’s airway is partly or completely blocked while they are asleep. Sleep apnoea is a common condition which affects 1 in 4 Australians.*
Sleep is essential for your health and overall wellbeing. Ongoing sleep deficiency may contribute to a number of health issues that could impact your overall physical health.
Typical symptoms of sleep apnoea include:
- Frequent visits to the toilet during the night
- Daytime sleepiness or fatigue
- Irritability and mood changes
- Waking up gasping for breath
- Morning headaches
- Poor concentration
You can get a Sleep Health Check at Amcal to discover your personalised Sleep Score and assess whether an overnight at-home sleep test is right for you. Discover how you can step into the day with better concentration and higher energy for the day ahead.
Book your Sleep Health Check in store or online.
- Comprehensive risk assessment
- At-home sleep study^
- Ongoing in-pharmacy support
* Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (2011)
# Roy Mogan (2014)
^ Available in selected pharmacies. Subject to pharmacist screening